Peggy Gray Spanninga Transfer Scholarship
The Peggy Gray Spanninga Transfer Scholarship is intended to provide financial support for community college students who have gained consistent work experience while attending college and demonstrate a commitment to continuing their education at a four-year university. The scholarship will provide up to two years of support for each selected student. The amount of the scholarship will be determined annually based upon the number of awards and available funds.
• Student must be currently enrolled at San Diego City, Mesa, or Miramar College
• Student must have a minimum 2.75 GPA
• Student must have completed a 2019-2020 FAFSA or Dream Act application (demonstrate financial need)
• Student must be on track to transfer to a four year university by fall 2020
Students will be selected based on how well they meet the following selection criteria:
• Student must demonstrate consistent work experience while attending college
• Student must demonstrate academic excellence and a commitment to continuing their education at a four-year university
• Student must write a one page typed essay reflecting on their work experience to date and their future educational and career goals
• Current resume (optional)
If there is no funding or there are no qualified applicants that reflect this format the scholarship will not be awarded for that year.