Silvergate Bank Scholarship
Founded in 1988, Silvergate Bank is a San Diego based bank that specializes in meeting the needs of innovative businesses and residential loan producers. Silvergate’s goal is to establish profitable long-term banking relationships, and be an active participant in the communities it serves.
2020 will mark the fifth year Silvergate Bank will be offering a scholarship to San Diego City College students. This fund will benefit low- to moderate-income individuals who are in need of financial assistance in their pursuit of higher education. This scholarship was created to support students currently experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
- Must be pursuing an Associate’s Degree
- Must have a current abbreviated or comprehensive Education Plan
GPA 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units at City College for the Fall and Spring of the current academic year
- Low- to Moderate- Income level
- Priority given to students with highest financial need and/or is currently experiencing homelessness
If there is no funding or there are no qualified applicants that reflect this format the scholarship will not be awarded for that year.