Stephen L. Tadlock Memorial
Stephen “Steve” L. Tadlock began his professional career of service to disadvantaged students, which spanned more than three decades. He started as a counselor at ECC, then transferred to City College where he served as an EOPS counselor, EOPS assistant director, CalWORKs counselor, and adjunct professor. Steve finished his career at Southwestern College where he retired in January 2016.
This Scholarship was created in memory of Steve by his colleagues and peers.
- Must have completed 30 units at San Diego City College
*Must be a fulltime student with a minimum of 9 units in Fall and Spring at San Diego City College
*Must demonstrate financial need
*Must submit 1 letter of recommendation
*Students must be a student in good standing with Umoja or EOPS
*Must be on track to transfer to a 4 year college
- 2.8 GPA or higher
*must not have completed more than 50 semester units at San Diego City College
If there is no funding or there are no qualified applicants that reflect this format the scholarship will not be awarded for that year.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you currently a student enrolled in the Umoja Program?
- Are you currently enrolled in the EOPS program?
- Do you currently have a GPA of 2.8 or higher?
- I am currently utlizing financial aid
- I am currently a fulltime student enrolled in at least 9 or more units at San Diego City College
- Provide a name and email address for a Letter of Reference. Please note your recommender must submit a letter of reference on your behalf in order for your scholarship application to be complete.
- Please provide a two page essay that describes your career goals, community service experience and how you plan to make a difference in your community.
- Show 2 more