Microbiology - Leboffe-Pierce
Michael Leboffe and Burton Pierce, both retired members of the San Diego City College Life Sciences Department, have coauthored multiple publications for use in undergraduate microbiology laboratories. They recognize the importance of their students’ contributions to their works and appreciate the ongoing cooperation from San Diego City College in their development. As a result, they established this scholarship in 1999 to honor outstanding student achievement in microbiology at San Diego City College. A minimum of two awards will be granted based on academic performance and financial need.
- Must be enrolled at City College in Fall and Spring of the current academic year
- Must have completed General Microbiology (BIOL 205) at City College with a ‘B’ or higher
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must not have previously received this scholarship
If there is no funding or there are no qualified applicants that reflect this format the scholarship will not be awarded for that year.
- Supplemental Questions
- What is your major at City College?
- Please list all Biology courses that you have completed. For each course, include the term, the campus where you completed the course, and the instructor's name.
- Describe what you enjoyed the most about your General Microbiology course at City College.
- What are your educational goals at City College and your career aspirations?
- How will the Leboffe-Pierce scholarship aid in your achievement of these goals? Please elaborate on specific personal/financial needs.
- Upload your unofficial transcript. Please be sure to upload the "Unofficial Transcript by Term" and include the most recent semester.
- Show 1 more