Biology - Edward Roach
Edward Roach taught many Biology courses at City College for 30 years but focused on teaching Human Anatomy. He passed away in January 2005. His family, friends, faculty, and staff from the Life Sciences Department at City College have contributed to this scholarship. In light of his commitment to education and concern for his students, the scholarships will be awarded based on academic achievement and goals, as well as on need.
•Must be enrolled at City College in Fall and Spring of the current academic year
•Overall 3.00 GPA or higher
•Must have completed 12 units at City College
•Must have completed a minimum of 8 units of Biology courses at City College, including at least one 200-level Biology course from the following list: BIOL 205, BIOL 230, or BIOL 235
•Must provide a current e-Grades printout that includes Fall semester grades.
•The Life Sciences Department welcomes all eligible students to apply for the Roach and Strecker Biology scholarships, but applicants are limited to a maximum of one award. Previous recipients are ineligible.
If there is no funding or there are no qualified applicants that reflect this format the scholarship will not be awarded for that year.
- Supplemental Questions
- I have completed eight (8) units of Biology courses at City College, including one of the following 200 level Biology courses: BIOL 205, BIOL 230, or BIOL 235.
- Please indicate which course(s), and for each, where you took it, when you took it, and the instructor’s name for Biology courses: BIOL 205, BIOL 230, or BIOL 235.
- What are your educational and career goals at City College?
- What is the benefit of the Roach Biology Scholarship to the achievement of your goals?
- What is the relationship of Biology coursework to future educational and career goals?