Andres Afuyog Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was created to celebrate the life of Andres Afuyog, a dedicated husband, father and grandfather. Andres was a Vietnam Veteran who strongly believed in the value of an education. He believed that once you had an education, no one could take it away from you. Andres made time in the 1970’s to attend business and real estate courses in the evening at San Diego City College while raising four children and working 40-60 hours a week.
This scholarship is dedicated to all of the skilled nurses, doctors and caregivers who took care of Andres during the last years of his life.
- Completed 36 units at City College
- Must currently be enrolled in 9 or more units at City College
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
If there is no funding or there are no qualified applicants that reflect this format the scholarship will not be awarded for that year.
- Supplemental Questions
- How do you balance being a full time parent while attaining your degree?
- Why do you want to go into the field of Nursing?